Friday, January 29, 2010

The Return of White

Today I truly believed the weather prediction community had misread the signs in the heavens once again and I would be on my merry way into the big city at 0430 this morning.  Alas, I was wrong and my small world was pelted with an inch and a half of sleet.  Needless to say, I did not brave the roadways to make my mandatory appearance at my place of work, a deed for which I am sure to face repercussions, but I have an aversion to accidents and dying so I stayed put.

Of course being at home is the only invitation I require to prepare food. It doesn't matter what kind of food, just any kind will do and my kids are so grateful that foraging in the refrigerator will not be a necessary compulsion to fend off hunger today. Then my thirteen year old will say I'm trying to make everybody fat, but that's not true.  After shedding 35 lbs last year, I refuse to allow those suckers to find me again.

With this as a firm resolution I present you with this morning's tasty dish, at the behest of both my children, Cheesy Potatoes.

You have to start with fried shredded potatoes with onions.

 
Then you have to smother them in a wonderfully cheesy sauce made from a reux.

 
Then mix them all together and this is what you get.  Cheesy Potatoes. Mmmm.

This was breakfast today.  A comfort food for all the snow now falling in Arkansas.  

I don't even feel like we are in Arkansas at all.  Somebody moved me a hundred miles north when I wasn't paying attention!

Happy winter all.
Love Jeannene


No comments:

Post a Comment