Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pieces of Sky


Over the past five years my job has required that I rise for work at four o'clock in the morning. Yes it is early, but someone has to do it and it might as well be me. Starting my day at such dark hours precludes me from ever, if rarely witnessing the rise of our sun in the west.  Since I have been off for the past week and a half, I have been privileged to take my kids to school and watch the slow dawning of the day.  It is truly a glorious sight for one who is allowed to observe this daily phenomenon only a few times a year.  I have reveled in it, drank it in and bathed in it - at least since the storms of last week cleared out.  I have been watching beautiful pieces of heaven.



Isn't this most beautiful sight?  There is even a sliver of the moon evident. 








Isn't this heavenly? I will treasure these days.  My next vacation will be in the summer and I will have to be up at five o'clock to capture such beauty.

One more day and I return to the dark hours of the mole.

Bask in the daylight.

Love, Jeannene

No comments:

Post a Comment