Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A day in the life of .... bread!

Today I write.  I am off from work, having worked the week end, and so I spend this day writing.  I hope.  I started this blog as an effort to write and do it regularly. I find the most wonderful things to write about are the small treasures in my own life.  I realize my life has little importance to anyone except myself and perhaps my immediate family, but I take such pleasure in recording the small joys around me.  I enjoy posting pictures as it gives me practice in using this electronic medium and pushes me to learn how to edit photos, something that is not preternatural, yet fascinating to me.

The camera was a constant companion before the digital age and now I find myself relearning all those techniques on slightly a different medium. Today, the digital realm is challenging and so flexible and easy to manipulate. I can take a picture and have it in solid form in minutes after the shot is formed.  Astounding, the technological age we live in! The photoshop editor can do equally astounding feats if I can only master its abilities. Even my simple point and shoot camera can render some breathtaking photos of scenes I was hard put to capture twenty years ago.

Today, being the only day off I will have in the middle of the week for the next couple of weeks, I am trying to stuff as many things into it as possible.  The laundry calls - and I have answered.  I want to write at least another chapter on the western historical I am in the middle of and I want to make bread. Oh, I almost forgot.  I am supposed to rearrange the meager space in my closet and rifle through all those clothes I can no longer fit into to reduce the space they occupy. I really don't feel like doing that....but I will do it.

I did actually get the bread started. This a new recipe I found at another woman's blog. It promises to be delicious and crispy and will be the perfect accompaniment to the Chicken Parmesan my daughter requested for dinner tonight.  I am so eager to oblige her appeal for outstanding food. We will eat well tonight.

The bread turned out exactly as wonderfully as I had anticipated! I now have a new favorite bread and it is so easy.  This is a tribute to Ivory Hut. Thank you.


I tasted it already and am certain this is the "Italian"bread I have searched for all my life.  The crust is hard and crispy and the center is spongy and moist. Ahhhh.  The simple things in life can be so rewarding.

Happy eating.

Love, Jeannene

No comments:

Post a Comment