Saturday, January 30, 2010

How To Walk On Water

Today we have 3 to 4 inches of ice and snow covering the ground in our region of Arkansas. It is the largest amount of snow fall we have had in five years.  It has transformed the farm into a winter wonderland. The animals' behavior is altered as well. I have been entertained watching them cope with all the white. The chickens haven't ventured far past our front porch.  Evidently they have an aversion to cold feet and there is no food to be found with the grass covered by snow.

 
They are foraging in the narrow strip of grass at the edge of the porch.
As I was taking pictures of our pond, an amazing sight in the snow, our cats scurried over for some attention.  Cats don't seem to have any qualms about walking on water that has frozen solid.

 Cats can walk on water.....if it's frozen.
 
 
This guy has no idea there is water beneath his feet.

I spent a large part of the day learning how to use Photoshop Elements and I'm pleased with the progress made.  This is just a piece of our frozen pond I found especially photogenic, in my opinion at least.  The snow gives everything an entirely different look and feel.

 
Aside from playing on the computer for a large portion of the day, I spent an inordinate amount of time in the kitchen.  Needless to say we ate well and in large quantities.  I love staying home with everyone.

These are the slices for today you all.

Love, Jeannene

No comments:

Post a Comment