Sunday, December 27, 2009

Breakfast



Today's slice included a fresh loaf of banana bread and a tasty cheesy potato casserole from scratch. I have to say, I didn't set out to make a casserole, but my 16 yr old shamed me into adding the cheese from yesterday's dish to the hash browns I was cooking. The result was the tastiest breakfast we have had since the Cracker Barrel - this was even better!

I am practicing with photos in this blog. These are a rough draft, but I'll get there.

We are keeping warm today to a fire in the wood stove and the kerosene heater as back up. It is cold in Arkansas today. As I write, a corned beef is cooking in the dutch oven on the stove. The aroma is to die for. I wish for all of you the same sense of contentment I have and your own piece of heaven.

Bless you all.
Jeannene

No comments:

Post a Comment